Sunday, November 25, 2007

Distro Switch

This weekend I pulled my old MythTV box out of storage, removed the TV tuner card, and installed Ubuntu on it. This I pulled the hard drives from my Gentoo machine and gave the box away.

So far so good. I am having trouble with the Wi-Fi card but I think that is a constant problem with a headless linux box. I am sure I will get this working soon, but is is not really pressing as the server has the router on top of it.


My current task is trying to zero out my hard drives so I can sell/give them away. OSX seams to have a great feature for doing this, but I am having some trouble. Either I cannot mount the drives or the formatting never finishes. Any tips?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Can you setup an smb/nfs share?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home